St. Jude the Apostle Parish is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge. The parish was established in 1966 and sits on ten acres of land off Highland Road near Gardere Lane. Father Trey Nelson, three permanent deacons and twelve lay staff, currently serve our parish.
There are almost 3000 families in the St. Jude Parish, and we are the most culturally and economically diverse parish in the diocese. St. Jude is also the youngest parish in the diocese with an average age of 69% of our parish is under the age of 55. Within the parish encompasses 68 different ministries.
Throughout our history because of the sacrifice of many we have been able to minister effectively to the changing needs of our parishioners. Recent advancements include the complete renovation of our church increasing the seating capacity from 800 to 1000. Currently ongoing construction is a new ministry building, which includes state of the art meeting space and our parish offices. Also to be opened in the Fall of 2015, a complete building dedicated to youth ministry and social outreach.
The largest ministry of St. Jude the Apostle parish is St. Jude the Apostle School. The school was founded in 1983 through the Diocese of Baton Rouge to provide quality Catholic education to the children of St. Jude Parish. The school, as a ministry of St. Jude the Apostle Church, works closely with the Parish to minister to the academic, spiritual, and social needs of the students.
Parish Mission Statement
The mission of Saint Jude the Apostle Parish is to instill hope in the hearts of all of our brothers and sisters by embracing one another and our diversity with a compassionate and welcoming spirit, guided by our faith in Jesus Christ and the traditions of our Catholic faith.