First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
Before students can receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist in the 2nd grade, they must receive religious instruction in the 1st grade, either in a Catholic school or in a PSR program, and be enrolled for 2nd grade. Be sure that your child attends religion class if you want them to receive the sacraments.
If you are a parishioner of St. Jude and your 2nd grade child attends Catholic school or PSR outside of St. Jude Parish, please contact our parish office if you have not done so for information regarding First Reconciliation & Eucharist. According to Diocesan Guideline, sacramental preparation for parents and their children's celebration of these sacraments must take place in the parish in which you are registered and worship.
If you are scheduled to receive your First Eucharist in 2020, please note the revised remaining schedule:
Wednesday, August 5th
4:00-5:00pm in the Church
- 1st Eucharist Rehearsal for Parish School of Religion and Homeschooled children ONLY
- 5:30-7:00pm in the Church
- 1st Eucharist Rehearsal for St. Jude School Children ONLY
Saturday, August 8th
5:30-6:30pm in the Church
1st Eucharist Rehearsal for ALL
- 1st Eucharist Rehearsal for ALL
Sunday, August 9th
- 1st Eucharist Day!
- Pictures will begin at 1:45pm, otherwise all children must arrive to the ministry building by 2:15pm
If you have any questions, please contact Michaelyn McGinnis in the parish office, 225-766-2431.