Initial Steps for Planning a Funeral
On behalf of our pastor and our entire faith community please know of our prayers for you and your loved ones during this time of loss. It is our desire to assist you in any way that we can with the planning of funeral arrangements. At any time in the process of planning you can telephone our office for questions and guidance. Listed below are the first steps in planning a funeral.
- Please contact the church office prior to setting the date and time of a funeral.
- The church office will then offer to make a Funeral Planning Packet available to you and for our priest and/or staff member to meet with you.
- You are invited to select the scripture readings (1 from the Old Testament, 1 from the New Testament, and 1 Responsorial Psalm, if the Psalm will not be sung. Typically, the priest selects the Gospel reading, unless you would like to do so.)
- You are also invited to select music for the funeral. Our funeral music coordinator is Beth Altazan Dixon. She can be contacted through the church office and is more than ready and willing to assist you in making this celebration personal and memorable.
- Lastly, again, it is very important to speak with a representative from the church office prior to selecting the date and time of a funeral. This is simply because we would need to make sure that both the church and priest are available and that there is not another function already scheduled in the church.
St. Jude the Apostle Parish Contact Telephone Number:
Monday through Thursday: (8:30am to 4:00pm, Closed from 12:30-1:30 for Lunch)
Friday: (8:30am to 12:00 Noon)